Saturday, August 9, 2014
Friday, August 8, 2014
Thursday, June 5, 2014
, but a book I started reading due to my mind moving from my reading with my husband.
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
I think the key to keeping a marriage wholesome and Godly is praying for your spouse. I'm sure in your head your saying of course I pray for my husband. Duh. Who doesn't? You would be surprised. Saying a unheartfilled prayer is not praying for your husband.
When praying for your husband you should think of your own struggles, there struggles, and what you both strive to be.
- Pray for conviction- I would never want my husband to become numb to the sins of this world. When that happens it seems that sinning becomes so easy to do. I want my husband to truly be convicted of his sins,and to strive to walk in perfection.Will it happen,no. But that's the way Christian's should strive to be. I think that husbands and wives should share there struggles of sin with each other. For one, it will keep you more accountable. And two, your spouse can specifically pray about that sin in your life.
- Pray for humbleness- My husbands favorite quote," A humble man does not think to highly of himself,nor does he think to lowly of himself, but a humble man does not think of his self at all." I think I could stop there, but I will go on. In Proverbs, it talks about being prideful. Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before the fall- Proverbs 16:18. I love my husband and I pray that he is successful in everything he does,but with that I pray that he gives all the glory to God and he stays humble.
- Pray for patience's- I'm sure Chris will not mind me saying this,but he is extremely patient with me. That within itself is a blessing. I am not patient at all, and its a terrible trait to have. Not only should one be patient because it is a commandment from God but because it is a necessity in marriage. With kids,with finances, with problems, with relationships, with family Patience's is needed.Especially with my cooking, and laundry problem.Lol. Have you ever seen the impatient person that is so quick to complain, and get angry? Well that is definitely not something you want in your husband.
- Pray for love-No not love for myself but for the Lord. I pray that my husband loves the Lord more than he loves me and my child. When someone can put God before anything else, it is then when everything else gets closer. It is so easy for people today to worship idols. Some people have no clue. I love sports, but when a sport comes before worshiping God it becomes an idol. I am not a good god, I would hate for my husband to put me or my children before the Lord.
- Pray for Guidance- Do you ever feel like your husband is not where he should be in his spiritual walk? He has strayed interest, lost focus in a sense. You need to share your thoughts with your husband, and then you need to pray. Pray for your husband's guidance when he is walking the right path. He needs help making the right decisions. Then also pray for your husband when he is off the path,that God will lead him back on to the right trail no matter what has to happen.
Chris and Jase wore matching suits, probably the cutest thing in the world for a mama. To just add to the amazing timewe had on Easter, my class quoted Psalms25:1-10. I was so proud of them. They have came such a long way.
Well I thought I would share some pictures of the great time we had.
|Are they Handsome,or what?|
|I told you we had a lot of visitors on Easter!!!!|
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Theses are the things that I found a necessity when recovering in the first week after having Baby Jase. Some people may have thing thy loved that I have never used. I would love to hear what people have used and even if they didn't use these things.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Monday, April 14, 2014
So I was doing my devotion this morning which happens to be the study of Jesus in his last days on this earth. I was reading about when Jesus was in the garden praying, sweating tears of blood and He called on his disciples, 3 of them to pray with him. To all our disbelief, they slept. I find my self thinking how could they sleep. The man they have been following, who says He is the Christ is crying out to his father, and they are sleeping. Then it hit me, I fall asleep on Jesus too. So many times we put things of this word before praising our Lord.
I will be the first to admit I need to work on not falling asleep. Some times I get so busy and running late and I just see some one that I think God has put on my heart to witness too but Jase is crying and Im already late so I pass them by, or I hand them a track and say " Come to our church". Seriously. Writing this I want to hit delete but maybe it might help someone. I think this could all be stopped buy spending some quality time with God. Dig deep in His word, spend time in prayer daily, seek his wisdom. When these things fall into place, God will work wonders in your life.
Well enough with my daily thoughts, and forward to sweet baby Jase.
|So all these pictures were taken on the way to the baseball park, or actually at the park. Try not to die from cuteness. lol|
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Saturday, March 29, 2014
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Monday, March 17, 2014
Friday, March 14, 2014
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
The other day I was talking with someone and she had asked what our family wears to go swimming. I kindly explained. Then she commented back with, "I almost would be embarassed to go with yall" I laughed. I just thought it was funny she was being serious. A Lot of people now a days are so caught up in the views of this world they dont even realize how bad something is.
I understand people have different views on how they can portray modesty, but to me a bikini can and will not ever be considered modest. Have I wore a bikini in the past? Yes, an I thought I was hot stuff let me tell you. If I could take it back I would. With that being said Ill tell you what I wear to go swimming, and places I find stuff.
So basically when I go swimming I try to cover up the parts that most women tend to 'Let hang out'. I usually wear a swim skirt, which can be pricey, or a pair of board shorts. Usually boys because its pretty hard to find girl swim shorts.
|Click Here to Buy & See Shorts|
As far as tops I wear a bathing suit top, usually a tankini with a swim shirt over the top. When I say swim shirt I mean a dry-fit shirt, or rash guard something a long the sort.
|Click Here to Buy|
|The Dainty Jewells Website|
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Monday, March 10, 2014
Saturday, March 8, 2014
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
So I was reading it and thought to myself, who really needs all that so I thought I would make my own medicine cabinet list for jase. Now these are things we use and remember I'm frugal. If you want to can over the big bucks. Go for it.
1.) Fever reducer
A.K.A. Tylenol or Ibuprofen. I'm not a name brand person so the walmart or store brand will be just fine. This is good to have to help with fevers, teething pain, and over problems that arise. Don't forget NO IBUPROFEN for babies younger than 6 months
So this is a life saver. Especially right now when jase has a little cold nd is teething. Not to help him sleep lol but to dry up that runny nose. I think I was played to use this at 4 months it may have been 6 I'm not sure.
3.) Gas drops
Has drops are made out of natural ingredients so it's almost impossible to overdose on them. These are great for those tiny tummy aches the first couple of months. Once again I go cheap and by the store brand.
4.) Diaper rash cream.
So I am a little brand specific here maybe because I have never had to buy any because I usually get prescription. I use destin. The blue kind. It works great. Jase usually gets yeast infections and we have a prescription for nystatin.
5.) Booger getter.
So I'm pretty sure there is a better name for this, maybe an aspirator. Haha. This is nice to use when your child is still new and wiping there tiny noses is hard. I got two from the hospital which I hear are the best ones, so don't forget to grab yours.
So any one will work. I as of right now have a pink one because that was the only one walmart had at the time. Some people swear by the temple one, which we also have and it works but is a little hard when jase is being stubborn. If you don't get a 'nice' one at your baby shower don't sweat they all work.
7.) Baby shampoo & soap
So we have always used Johnson & Johnson or aveeno which we love. Any type would probably be okay as long as it doesn't brake out your child. Also lotion is good to have especially for newborns when they are peeling there skin. Didn't know baby's peel. They do. Just like snakes haha
8.) Nail coppers.
I have a baby pair which can in a medicine kit, but I don't think it would matter what brand. Actually when jase was first born I just used a baby fingernail file or peeled them. I was just so scared if cutting him.
So this is needed until they get teeth. Which jase was almost born with haha. I have a finger brush that slides unto my finger which he likes, but quit frankly he usually ends up with an adult tooth brush because he is fascinated with it. Once again a cheap child's tooth brush will work. Just make sure if toothpaste is used make sure it is safe for them.
So these are the 9 things jase seems to use it have used most often and really the only things you need hah.
Some things they had in there list I didn't agree with is first those expensive boogie wipes. A wet wipe will work just fine at wiping little noses. Don't spend the extra.
Saline spray. If your newborn is really congested this actually may be needed but praise The Lord jase never needed this. Saline wipes where on the list as well. I think these are pointless just like the boogie wipes.
Gum massager. Some people may really like these but these really didn't work. Jase didn't like them and after the first tooth it's hard to use. Give them aomething to chew on and be done.
Orajel. I'm sure I will get some very mixed opinions I just think this is pointless. It only works for a little while, and is expensive for a couple minutes of relief. Also it's hard to apply with a wigglelay baby.nao you run the chance if numbing there tongue and cheecks. I hate taking medicine when not needed so that's my opinion with this as well!!!
So that's what you will find in the Holden babies medicine cabinet. Any products you swear by, or things you bypass. Comment and let me know !!!
LINK To Facebook Page
|Since I have no cool pictures for this post I thought an old wedding picture may help lighten|
up the mood(: