Tuesday, April 29, 2014

How to pray for your husbandy

I see so many families fall apart each year that it is extremely ridiculous. Being in the ministry you would think that you would see so many 'perfect' marriages,with 'perfect' kids, and all the 'perfect' things that come along,but you DONT. Its crazy to see all the families fall apart. I just think of families that are going to church are falling apart, think about how many families that are not going to church are falling apart.

I think the key to keeping a marriage wholesome and Godly is praying for your spouse. I'm sure in your head your saying of course I pray for my husband. Duh. Who doesn't? You would  be surprised. Saying a unheartfilled prayer is not praying for your husband.

When praying for your husband you should think of your own struggles, there struggles, and what you both strive to be.


  1. Pray for conviction- I would never want my husband to become numb to the sins of this world. When that happens it seems that sinning becomes so easy to do. I want my husband to truly be convicted of his sins,and to strive to walk in perfection.Will it happen,no. But that's the way Christian's should strive to be. I think that husbands and wives should share there struggles of sin with each  other. For one, it will keep you more accountable. And two, your spouse can specifically pray about that sin in your life.
  2. Pray for humbleness- My husbands favorite quote," A humble man does not think to highly of himself,nor does he think to lowly of himself, but a humble man does not think of his self at all." I think I could stop there, but I will go on. In Proverbs, it talks about being prideful. Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before the fall- Proverbs 16:18. I love my husband and I pray that he is successful in everything he does,but with that I pray that he gives all the glory to God and he stays humble.
  3. Pray for patience's- I'm sure Chris will not mind me saying this,but he is extremely patient with me. That within itself is a blessing. I am not patient at all, and its a terrible trait to have. Not only should one be patient because it is a commandment from God but because it is a necessity in marriage. With kids,with finances, with problems, with relationships, with family Patience's is needed.Especially with my cooking, and laundry problem.Lol. Have you ever seen the impatient person that is so quick to complain, and get angry? Well that is definitely not something you want in your husband.
  4. Pray for love-No not love for myself but for the Lord. I pray that my husband loves the Lord more than he loves me and my child. When someone can put God before anything else, it is then when everything else gets closer. It is so easy for people today to worship idols. Some people have no clue. I love sports, but when a sport comes before worshiping God it becomes an idol. I am not a good god, I would hate for my husband to put me or my children before the Lord.
  5. Pray for Guidance- Do you ever feel like your husband is not where he should be in his spiritual walk? He has strayed interest, lost focus in a sense. You need to share your thoughts with your husband, and then you need to pray. Pray for your husband's guidance when he is walking the right path. He needs help making the right decisions. Then also pray for your husband when he is off the path,that God will lead him back on to the right trail no matter what has to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment