This recipe was pretty cheap and went a long way. I browned my meat with some fresh onions. My husband said he would have rather not had the onions. This step is up to you. I think it gives it great flavor.
Once I browned my meat, you just dump everything in. It was super easy and didn't take long at all. You could add different things here or take what you didn't like out. I would add some jalapeño peppers next time or maybe add fresh pico de gayo.
It doesn't look to tasty here. But I assure you, it turns out awesome.
Once you get all your ingredients stirred in you can make your first layor. This looks horrible, but like I said it comes a long.
1 lb of ground beef
1 can of corn
1 can of rotel
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup of salsa
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 cup of cheese
1 bag of Fritos
1. Dice your onion. Place with ground meat and brown.
2. Drain your meat. Place back in the skillet. Mix in your taco seasoning. Place your corn(drained), salsa, rotel, and sour cream in.
3. Once mixed and heated through place half of meat mixture in your baking dish.
4. Crush your frito chips and place a generous layer on top. Too with cheese. Repeat this step with the remaining mixture, Fritos, and cheese
5. You can now store in the fridge till ready to heat or go straight to the oven.
6. When ready to bake. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Bake for about 10-15 mins. Or until cheese is melted and hot all the way through.
We served this with the left over Fritos, and chips and salsa. You could also serve with Mexican rice, very cheap and fast or some heated tortillas. It would make a great taco !!
Hope you enjoy.