Thursday, June 5, 2014

Created to be his help meet.

Chris and I have been reading a book together titled " His needs, Her needs". It is an awesome read for a married couple. It teaches how to affair proof a marriage. Now I want to say that is something Chris and I do not struggle with but it could be in time. I have seen so many marriages crumble due to affairs. Anyways this post is not about that book
, but a book I started reading due to my mind moving from my reading with my husband. 
This is such an amazing book thus far, yes I haven't finished it. I have a one year old, for goodness sake. 


I want to start a weekly read along of the book and share with you my thoughts and what I have read. I truly believe it will help any wife strive to be a better wife and mother for the sake of glorifying God. 

Part 1: The Help Meet

And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. (Genesis 2:18, 21, 22 KJV)

For women that are married we have realized we have not met "Mr.Right". Not in the sense he isn't everything you ask for, but in the spirit he is a sinner. No matter what, he sins. I think wives seem to forget that men lie and sin sometimes, it's hard to say but it's true. 

As wives we are made to be help meets, just as it says in Genesis. God makes it clear that it is not good for man to be alone. A man obtains Gods favor by getting a wife. Crazy huh. You never thought your husband was pleaseing God by marrying you ??

I was asked this question, If God created a special help meet just for your husband, would it be you ?? Hmm a little mind shattering ah? This seem to get me more than anything. Are you everything your husband needs or do you have the mentality that he can just do it ? Do you truly strive to help your husband in everything and go out if your way to please him?I dont sometimes and we should. When you are a help meet to your husband , your helping Christ, because God commissioned man for a reason and gave him a women to help in fulfilling that calling. 

Many women forget this, when you obey your husband you are obeying God. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. (1 Corinthians 11:8, 9 KJV) Sometimes it's hard to believe that your husband deserves you as a help meet. We should do what we are designed to do, help. I see so many women leading there families, but if you always lead your family you will never find satisfaction In it. It's is far better that the job be done poorly by your husband than to be done well by you

Now with that said men are made to be helpers too. Look at Jesus he is a great picture of a helper. Men and women must submit there selfs everyday, weather it be a job, the government, police, the irs. When submitting your self there is no lose of dignity when there is a higher purpose. God made you a help meet  to help raise up your husband , make him better. 

I will leave you with this, a quote from this book, I have found it a great help " A perfect help meet is one who does not require a list if chores, as would a child. Her readiness to please motivates her to look around and see the things she knows her husband would like to see done. " 

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment