Monday, February 3, 2014

Our days off...

Sitting in the passenger seat this morning, I realized that most people think Pastors and there families have the week off and just work on Wednesday and Sunday. But that is one large misconception. 
Today my husband woke up studied, prayed did his morning devotions. Then we were off to visit one of our church members in the hospital. Don't get me wrong, I love visiting and making sure everyone is fine, but it's not like it's a fun job, or a night out with your family like some people seem to believe.  At any granted time we have to be able to drop everything ( house work, cooking, Nap Time, studying) and drive usually an hour away to the hospital or where ever the call. 
With a 8 month old child routine is key. But that is not a something I get to cherish. If a church family member has a death in there family, or anything of the sort we have to get up, get dressed, and truck out to there house at 2:00 a.m in the morning.
Please!!! Do not misunderstand my concerns as nagging. Because I love the job God has called our family to do. I am amazed at the strength, power, and love The Lord blesses me with daily. I just want to stress that Pastors don't have an easy job. They rarely have a day off, much longer sweet time to spend with there family. All in all I just want to say respect your Pastor and there family, and know the job comes with a lot of work.  You may not know what they are going through, so love on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment